Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Kyle Bass on Bloomberg

Kyle Bass was on Bloomberg today discussing his Japan trade and his thoughts on Gold. I found it interesting that Kyle was perplexed on how low gold is considering. I also like the quote from Kyle on when they were discussing George Soros's recent move away from gold, "George has been a much better investor than I over the years. When you think about the global monetary base, it is north of $70 trillion. All the gold in existence is around $7-8 trillion. There might be $1.2-1.3 trillion of investable gold. At some point in time, I would much rather would own gold than paper. I just don't know when that time is." His whole thesis is gold is another currency and should do well as the global environment prints itself into oblivion. I tend to agree with this sentiment and personally do not view gold as a commodity but merely a reflection on various currencies. Enjoy.

No comments: